Tuesday, March 4, 2008


2/4/08 A.K.A My 1st Blog
On tuesday i was granted the use of a camera by Steve L. of Stoked. I had told him of my dream of becoming an action sports photojournalist and having recieved a Canon Powershot from Catherine of Zoo York ( Former Photographer) he gave it to me.




Catherine gave me my first crash course in action sports photography. Catherine gave a group of kids involved in stoked (including myself) and took us to the very first Red Bull sponsored Manny Mania in NYC to photograph some very popular and very talented skateboarders. It is an experience that now drives me.


Hearing that it was something wanted to continue doing professionally someday, she told me to get my hands on a camera and just take pictures. It is the best way to learn. Stoked made that happen.


Today was a sort of gloomy, a day in which i new this beautiful city could bless with some awesome sights. Sights I would love to photograph. Thats what i attempted to do. I learned some cool things about the powershot i was given, things such as how the camera absored light. Today was all about light. Seeing thi particular photo I can't believe that I took it. It just gives me a lot more drive to keep it going.
If you are reading this blog and liked the pictures featured please go to my myspace (www.myspace.com/cobainrip). You will find more of my photos in albums entitled My day at manny mania pro skate jam, A Nice Day at Tompkins Park, kool pics i took as a Photographer , and building portfolio .
I am now working on moving these photos onto blogspot. Also I referenced Stoked earlier. Stoked is a non-profit organization that was started by Steve Larosiliere and Sal Masekela. It is a unique mentoring program that provides a child with a mentor and the opportunity to take part in action sports. . So Far Stoked kids go skateboarding in spring, Surfing in summer and Snowboarding in winter. You can read more about this great organization at
http://www.stokedmentoring.org/. Please visit this site. Stoked has brought about many positive things in my life.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home